My husband graduates from Missouri State today. To say that I am proud is an understatement, I am elated and deeply proud of all that he has done to reach this goal. For our entire marriage (six years) he has been dedicated to finishing his degree and now at the end we can take a deep breath and after enjoying the excitement of the accomplishment, can continue to seek the Lord’s will for our family. Exciting things are ahead for the Copeland’s!
Five reasons why I think this accomplishment is pretty stinkin’ awesome: (in no specific order)
1. Not only is he graduating, but he is graduating WITH honors. Summa Cum Laude.
2. He is the first from the Copeland side of the family to receive a college degree.
3. Having a full-time job AND being full-time in school is crazy, but he did it. And did it well.
4. Being a parent while in college is also not easy, choosing to play with the girls and putting off homework until they were in bed was a common decision…and worth every minute.
5. Despite my plea’s to skip homework or my effort to convince him that he didn’t HAVE to read every sentence in every book, he worked at school as he does everything else with excellence and dedication. I called him a nerd but really I am in awe of his work ethic.
Congrats, James. You did it!
p.s. also he can dance…